the specifics of what sets us apart from the competition when it comes to safety at sea and on-land:
Air Med Evac
All of our passengers receive a complimentary SkyMed® short term membership (4 to 21 days depending on the trip´s/expedition´s
length). In the event an air ambulance transport is required back to Canada or the US by one of our passengers, he/she will be flown
back home at no extra charge, with no out of pocket payments, no copays, no deductibles, no claim forms and no air ambulance bills.
All our expeditions and trips include the following safety, medical and rescue equipment:
- 4 full first aid kits.
- Trauma kit.
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) in waterproof case.
- Oxygen Unit (for extended care with 2 Jumbo D tanks, MTV, BVM, OPAs, suction, 2 regulators…).
- Backboard (floating, X-ray translucent, with straps, CID and set of c-collars).
- Fire extinguishers (in each cabin, common places, and on each boat/tender).
- Type I PFDs (Personal Flotation Devices) for emergency use (in each cabin and at muster station).
- Type III PFDs for recreational use must be worn by passengers during boating and kayaking.
- Type IV PFDs (ring buoys / life rings) for emergency use.
- RFDs (Rescue Flotation Devices) used by LSF lifeguards and guides during water activities.
- Alpha/Diver flags for all skin diving (“snorkeling”), recreational SCUBA diving and scientific diving activities.
- Dive rescue equipment always at the ready for underwater emergencies.
- Portable, handheld, waterproof/submersible, floating Marine VHF radios used by LSF staff during all activities.
- Portable, handheld satellite phone.
All of our expeditions and trips include internationally certified safety professionals and guides:
- Internationally certified, professional open water lifeguard personnel for all water activities.
- PADI® Divemaster for all skin diving (“snorkeling”), recreational SCUBA diving and scientific diving activities.
- Professional first responders on all activities (including land-based activities).
- On-call bilingual medical doctor for remote consultation (via UHF, Marine VHF and/or sat phone) and for dockside consultation.
Strategic Safety Partnership
GLC Aquatic Safety Dept., “ASD” (www.AquaticSafetyDept.com), is our partner company in La Paz, Baja California Sur, and our provider
for all marine safety and prehospital emergency medical care related operational, support, certification and consultancy services. ASD is
an industry partner of the Divers Alert Network, “DAN” (www.DiversAlertNetwork.org), No. 2338569W. Our PADI® Divemaster´s active
status can be verified online by entering his professional member number, No. 304300, at www.PADI.com/ProChek. Our SkyMed® air
med evac certified representative, No. 1512561, can be contacted online at www.SkyMed.com/Guri.