Unlike the competition, at LSF we are in full compliance with Mexican federal regulations:
- Registered with Mexico´s National Science & Technology Council (CONACYT) as a scientific diving company, No. 1700734.
- Registered with Mexico´s Tourism Secretariat (SECTUR) as a dive operator, No.: 09030030002.
- Registered with Mexico´s Tourism Secretariat (SECTUR) as a lifeguard service provider, No.: 30030030001.
- Registered with Mexico´s Environment & Natural Resources Secretariat (SEMARNAT) as whale shark snorkeling guide, No. 004.
- We only charter expedition vessels and boats duly registered with Mexico´s Communications & Transportation Secretariat (SCT)
and its General Merchant Marine Directorate (DGMM).
- We only charter expedition vessels and boats duly registered with Mexico´s Tourism Secretariat (SECTUR).
- We only charter expedition vessels and boats duly registered with Mexico´s Environment & Natural Resources Secretariat (SEMARNAT)
and its Protected Natural Areas National Commission (CONANP), with a permit for each national park and protected natural area we
visit, as well as with a permit and flag for whaleshark snorkeling in the Bay of La Paz.
- We don´t ask our passengers do re-use a national park day pass (bracelet), we provide all of our passengers with a mutli-day/year-long
pass (passport) for all of Mexico´s national parks and protected natural areas.
- Our staff has work permits issued by Mexico´s Governance Secretariat (SEGOB) and its Immigration National Institute (INM).
- Our partner company in La Paz, is registered with Mexico´s Revenue and Public Credit Secretariat (SHCP) and its Tax Administration
WORLD BEST PRACTICES
We strive not only to meet but to exceed the minimum required by governmental regulations, by adhering
to several international standards and world best practices, among them:
- We comply with ISO 24803 by ensuring all requirements for recreational diving providers are met.
- We comply with ISO 24801-3 by conducting all of our skin diving (“snorkeling”), recreational SCUBA diving and scientific diving under
the supervision of a dive leader / recreational dive supervisor / PADI® Divemaster.
- We comply with ISO 24801-2 by ensuring that all SCUBA divers who participate in our diving trips and underwater activities possess a
certificate of autonomous SCUBA diver / open water diver or superior.
- We comply with ISO 11107 by ensuring that all SCUBA divers who participate in our diving trips and underwater activities possess a
certificate in Enriched Air / Nitrox Diving for diving trips and underwater activities were mixes with 22% – 40% Oxygen will be used.
- We adopt AAUS (American Academy of Underwater Sciences) when conducting scientific diving activities.
- We adopt AIDA (International Association for the Development of Apnea) when conducting free diving activities.
- All of our staff is trained and certified in BLS (Basic Life Support: CPR, AED Use, FBAO, Oxygen Administration, B-Con, Shock Mgt. and
First Aid for Adult, Child and Infant patients) per ILCOR (International Liaison Committee On Resuscitation) / AHA (American Heart
Association) / Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada ECC 2015 (Emergency Cardiovascular Care 2015 Guidelines).
For Canadian, US and Mexican governmental research agencies, government-funded companies and
government-sponsored NGOs to be able to hire our operational, safety and support services for shipboard
marine expeditions in the Gulf of California (Sea of Cortez) through non-bid contracts, simply request our
DUNS® number an CAGE code by contacting us via e-mail.